Tuesday, January 25, 2011


The BBC lab experiment said that I am a Web Fox. The results revealed:

Fast-moving - Web Foxes like you are great at finding information quickly, just as real-world foxes are always ready to pounce on an opportunity.

Sociable - Foxes are highly social animals, maintaining complex relationships with the other members of their social group. When you browse the web you are also a social creature, often using social networks, or other sites whose content is created by its users, as sources of information.

Adaptable - Web Foxes are highly adaptable multi-taskers, able to do several things at the same time – just like real-world foxes who can rapidly change their behavior to suit their environments.

When I search for something, I usually type on the search engine the first words that come to my mind. the experiment says, "This maybe because you know exactly what you’re doing, but could also mean you missed important information." I may be fast in clicking and visiting web pages but I see to it that I check various sources to get more reliable information as possible. Maybe the only thing that delays me from finding what I really need is my association with the Social Networking Sites. It's almost always automatic for me to open my SNS accounts first every time I go online. I agree with the test result that I am "Sociable" because I use my SNS accounts to be updated with events and the latest especially for academic purposes. I also resort to SNS whenever i want to take a break from "academic works" that I am doing. I also beleive that I am an efficient online multi-tasker because I always want to maximize my time online.

I find the results accurate because I believe that it has described my way I often behave online. However, I do not find the test 100% reliable because i have skipped a couple of pages because of technical glitches. I find the test, or the site itself, problematic. I wonder what the result would be if I was able to answer everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment